Use the task "Windows Defender Deploy" to deploy Windows Defender to specific computers.
Resolving the problem
- Use the task "Windows Defender Deploy" to deploy Windows Defender to specific computers. This task is not applicable to computers running Windows Vista, as Windows Defender is already integrated into the operating system.
- To keep computers running Windows Defender current with the most up-to-date spyware signatures, use the "Windows Defender Update Wizard". This wizard will allow you to:
- Create a new, reusable update Fixlet message to deploy the current spyware signatures.
- Edit an existing Fixlet message to deploy the current spyware signatures.
Note: Editing a Fixlet message is a feature only available to users running Tivoli Endpoint Manager Console 7.0 or higher.
- Create a one-time action to deploy the current spyware signatures.
- After Windows Defender is installed, use the analysis "Windows Defender Configuration Information" to keep track of spyware signature versions and other pertinent information about computers running Windows Defender.
- Use the task "Windows Defender Uninstall" to remove Windows Defender from specific computers.
The Fixlet message or action will be relevant for any computers running Windows Defender with outdated spyware signatures. Running the wizard at least once a day and using the resulting Fixlet message or action to deploy spyware signature updates is the recommended way to stay current with the latest spyware signatures.