How do I uninstall a patch using the Microsoft Rollback Task Wizard?
The following document covers removing patches using a wizard found in the TEM console.
Resolving the problem
Removing patches with TEM can be done easily through the Microsoft Rollback Task Wizard found in the Patches for Windows site.
- You will first need to know the Microsoft KB number of the patch you wish to install. This information is provided through TEM as a column in the Fixlet list and is also available from Microsoft's web site.
- In the TEM Console go to All Content > Wizards > Patches for Windows > Microsoft Rollback Task Wizard.
- Enter the KB number under the field 'Specify the Knowledge Base number of the patch you want to roll back.'
- Select the Operating System
- You may select the option to 'Create a one-time action. Leave this unchecked to create a Fixlet you can reuse.'
- Select Finish to create the one-time action or new Fixlet.
- Open the Action or Fixlet and Target the computers you wish to uninstall the patch