InstallShield Error [0x80040706] "Object Reference Not Set" during a TEM component installation
The error occurs in the InstallShield application before the TEM installer code runs. The error indicates that a certain path or object cannot be found by the installer.
Resolving the problem
The error occurs in the InstallShield application before the TEM installer code runs. The error indicates that a certain path or object cannot be found by the installer. To resolve this issue:
- Restart the computer, often times a reboot will cause the system to return to a state that InstallShield can now handle.
- Make sure you are not using any roaming profiles and can reach your "My Documents" folder.
- Make sure your temp folder can be reached and your account has write access to it.
- Create a new Local Administrator account and log in as that account to run the installer.
- Update to the latest InstallShield installation engines, as recommended by this InstallShield article: https://flexeracommunity.force.com/customer/articles/en_US/ERRDOC/Q110641
This error might also occur if the logged in user does not have DCOM rights to the local computer. The computer may have been hardened with aggressive security controls. Try to run DCOMCNFG.EXE, go under default security, and add the name of the user you are using to install the TEM Client
More support for:
IBM BigFix family
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1505961
Modified date: 07 October 2014