How do I create groups of computers?
Using the TEM Console, you can create setting for computers using the "Custom Settings" option in the "Computers" tab.
Resolving the problem
You can use the Console to create either Manual Groups or Automatic Groups of computers.
To Manually create a computer group, follow this procedure:
- Click the Computers icon in the Domain Panel navigation tree and in the resulting List Panel, shift- and ctrl-click to select the computers you want to group together.
- Right-click the computers you choose and select Add to Manual Group from the pop-up menu.
- From the Select Manual Computer Group dialog, you can choose to add your selected computers to an existing group or create a new group for them. Select an existing group or name a new one and click OK.
- Enter your password to propagate the new manual group. This computer group is added under the Computer Group icon in the Domain Panel navigation tree and helps you to subdivide your networked computers down into more reasonably sized chunks. Groups use a global scope grouping mechanism that allows any operator with management rights on the device to edit membership. While manual groups are shared by operators with rights over the machine, dynamic groups have their own scope.
To create a group that automatically enlists computers, follow this procedure:
- Click Tools > Create New Automatic Group.
- From the Create New Automatic Computer Group dialog, enter the name of your group and select the site and domain you want it to be located in.
- Enter a property, a relation, and a value into the three boxes at the bottom of the dialog. For example, to create a group that automatically enlists Windows computers, select OS contains Win. Click the + button to add new properties that you can AND (include all properties) or OR (include any properties) together to identify group membership.
- When you are finished, click OK and enter your password to propagate the group settings.
For additional information, please see the Console Operator's Guide at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v26r1/topic/com.ibm.tem.doc_9.0/Tivoli_Endpoint_Manager_Console_Operators_Guide_PDF.pdf
Translate this page: