Why do computers appear offline even though they respond to actions?
This situation is caused by an issue that occurs when modifying the TEM Client heartbeat interval through the TEM Console. This issue only affects TEM Clients installed after the heartbeat modification.
Resolving the problem
Once you modify the heartbeat interval, newly installed TEM Clients will actually not have a heartbeat and that is why their last report times do not update correctly. Any existing TEM Clients will correctly update their heartbeat interval. This bug occurs in BES/TEM 5.0 through BES/TEM 5.1.1.
To resolve the problem, please follow these steps:
- Open your TEM Console and login as a master operator.
- Go to File->Preferences->Cache Options and set the cache to reload from the database for each session.
- Close your TEM Console and login again.
- Set the heartbeat interval to the desired value, click OK and provide your password.
- Restore your TEM Console caching preferences to their original value.
- Repeat these steps to modify the TEM Client heartbeat interval in the future.
More support for:
IBM BigFix family
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1505862
Modified date: 26 September 2014