What is a TEM masthead file?
The action site masthead is a file that was generated during
installation by the TEM Admin Tool. The action site masthead has the
extension .afxm and has several different purposes.
Resolving the problem
The action site masthead serves the following functions:
- Acts as a configuration file with parameters such as TEM Server IP Address or Server Name, port number, locking behavior, etc.
- Contains information necessary for the digital signature security scheme that TEM uses (the masthead contains the public key information)
- Contains the licensing information that allow TEM users to operate TEM with a specified number of users for a specified length of time
The action site masthead is used in the following ways:
- The TEM Installation Generator puts the masthead file in the TEM Server, TEM Console, and TEM Client installer folders
- The TEM Server and TEM Client installers require the masthead file be in the same folder as the other installation folders otherwise they will not run (the masthead file is used by the TEM Console installer to set up an ODBC driver, but it is not required)
- The TEM Clients use the IP Address or Server Name and port number information in the masthead to know which TEM Server to report to
- Whenever an action is going to be taken, the TEM Clients first verify that the digital signature in the action matches the signature in the masthead
- The TEM Clients and TEM Server will use the license information in the masthead when they determine how TEM Clients can be used and when the license expires
- In the database, use the TEM Admin Tool to export the masthead from the database.
- Start Menu --> All Programs --> Tivoli Endpoint Manager --> Tivoli Endpoint Manager Administration Tool
- Point to the deployment's license.pvk site signing key --> click OK and enter password
- Masthead Management tab --> click on Export Masthead --> save masthead.afxm to Desktop
- The named ActionSite.afxm on the TEM Server and found in one of the following site version folders located at C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server\sitearchive\actionsite\archiveDir\actionsite_<nnn> - where nnn = actionsite version #
- C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server
or on 64bit Operating Systems C:\Program Files(x86)\BigFix Enterprise\BES Server
- Named ActionSite.afxm On the BES clients located at C:\Program Files\BigFix Enterprise\BES Client
More support for:
IBM BigFix family
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1505775
Modified date: 20 August 2014
Translate this page: