How do I upgrade my license for IBM Endpoint Manager (IEM)?
The follow describes a process for extending your license, seat count, or entitlements.
Resolving the problem
You will need to upgrade your license masthead file with a new license certificate to extend your license, seat count, or entitlements.
To upgrade your license masthead:
- Copy the crt.txt file to the IEM server and rename it LicenseAuthorization.crt.
- Contact IBM IEM Licensing at TEM@dk.ibm.com, your authorized IBM reseller, or your IBM SalesRep or account manager to receive a new license certificate.
- After your receive your new license.crt file, save it to your IEM Server computer and open the IEM Admin Tool on the IEM Server computer by going to Start > All Programs > IBM Endpoint Manager > Tivoli Endpoint Manager Administration Tool.
- Choose your license.pvk file and enter your site level password.
- Click on the Masthead Managment tab.
- Click the "Activate Masthead" button.
- Select the license.crt file you received from IBM TEM Licensing
- Type in your site credentials "master password" when prompted. Click OK to send the new license information to the IEM Clients.
- As soon as the IEM Clients receive the new masthead, they will receive the updated license information.
More support for:
IBM BigFix family
Software version: Version Independent
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: Edition Independent
Reference #: 1505773
Modified date: 29 June 2012
Translate this page: