How do I obtain and cache rpm packages that are only available from the SuSE OS installation media?
Steps to import SuSE packages only available from the SuSE OS installation media into your TEM deployment using the ISOFileExtractor utility
Resolving the problem
Custom fixlets generated by the Linux RPM Patching dashboard may contain some SuSE packages which are not individually downloadable from the Novell site. Instead, these packages are only available via the SuSE OS installation media, and as a result, the SuSE download cacher is unable to download these packages.
To solve this, take the following steps to obtain and cache rpm packages that are only available from the SuSE OS installation media.
- Download and install the free 7-Zip archiver utility from http://www.7-zip.org/
- View the SuSE download cacher log file to collect a list of packages that the cacher failed to download.
- Look up which ISOs the packages belong to in the SuSE RPM MAP.
- Download all needed ISOs from Novell.
- Download and run the TEM ISOFileExtractor utility. ISOFileExtractor usage instructions are presented below. The SuSE RPM MAP can be found here.
The ISOFileExtractor can be found here.
ISOFileExtractor.exe is a TEM utility designed to help extract rpm packages from isos, rename them to their sha1 values, and place them into the TEM Server cache. This tool requires that 7-Zip be installed on the system on which it is used.
- -i <ISO>: Path to ISO image (required)
- -f <FILE/S>: List of files to be extracted from ISO image. (optional)
- -o <OUTPUT PATH>: Directory where extracted files are to be saved. (optional)
- -c <OUTPUT PATH>: Rename all extracted files to their sha1 values and place them into the <OUTPUT PATH>. If <OUTPUT PATH> is not specified, ISOFileExtractor will attempt to locate the BES Server cache and place the files in there. (optional)
- -s: Rename all extracted files to their sha1.
- -a <APP_Path>: Full path to 7-Zip executable. If this switch is not used, ISOFileExtractor will attempt to locate the executable on its own.
- -h: Display help message.
Example ISOFileExtractor usage:
Extract all rpm files to the current working directory without renaming them to their sha1s:
- ISOFileExtractor.exe -i "c:\iso\SLES-10-SP1-x86_64.iso"
Extract all rpm files that start with "lib", rename them to their sha1's, and store them in the BES sha1 cache:
- ISOFileExtractor.exe -i "c:\iso\SLES-10-SP1-x86_64.iso" -f lib*.rpm -c
Extract two rpm files to c:\temp\ and rename them to their sha1:
- ISOFileExtractor.exe -i "c:\iso\SLES-10-SP1-x86_64.iso" -f perl-5.8.8-14.7.x86_64.rpm kernel-bigsmp-2.6.5-7.319.i586.rpm -c "c:\temp"
Translate this page: