Where can I obtain fileset updates for an APAR or Fix Packs such as Technology Level Packs or Service Packs?
The information discusses using IBM support pages to obtain binary patches content.
Resolving the problem
To deploy an AIX fix pack update using the AIX Fileset Deployment Wizard, you must first obtain the desired packages.
- To download fix pack updates from the IBM website, go to:
- Under Product family, select 'System P'; Under Product, select 'AIX'; Under Version, select the targeted operating system (AIX 5.3 or 5.2); Under Fix Type, select 'Fix packs' and finally click 'Continue'.
- Under Select a Technology Level, select the appropriate Level from the drop-down menu.
- Write down fix pack names you wish to download, and you can run the AIX Download Cacher to download all filesets for that fix pack, and archive them into a single .AIX file. For more instruction on how to use the AIX Download Cacher, see the following link here
After you have obtained the .AIX file with AIX Download Cacher tool, run the AIX Fileset Deployment Wizard from the TEM Console with Package Option to create a Fixlet message. The Wizard will prompt you for the location of the Fix Pack you wish to deploy.
Fileset Updates for an individual APAR
To deploy an AIX fileset update using the AIX Fileset Deployment Wizard, you must first obtain the desired packages.
- To download filesets for a particular APAR from the IBM website, go to:
- Under Product family, select 'System P'; Under Product, select 'AIX'; U nder Version, select the targeted operating system (AIX 5.3 or 5.2); Under Fix Type, select 'Fix search' and finally click 'Continue'.
- In the textbox enter an APAR number as search term (i.e.: IZ03060), and use 'Sort by: Relevancy' option, then click 'Search'.
- Among the search results, click on the most relevant link.
- Click 'Obtain fix for this APAR' on the next page.
- On next page, it is possible to see the download page for a Technology Level (TL) Pack or a Service Pack (SP). That means the only way to fix the vulnerability in the previously specified APAR, is to install the listed TL or SP Pack. If that is the case, please refer to the instructions in above 'Fix Packs' section. Otherwise, proceed with the following steps.
- On the Packaging Options page, select the Include requisites option.
- This selection will ensure that all required filesets will be added to the download list.
- Select the appropriate oslevel from the drop-down menu.
- If you are unsure of the oslevel, or have computers at varying oslevels, select the minimum oslevel.
- To reduce the number of filesets to download, add lslpp -Lc output to build a custom package for your AIX systems.
- Click Continue and download all filesets in the download list. If there is only one fileset, you can supply the URL directly to the AIX Fileset Deployment Wizard.
After you have obtained all of the filesets for your AIX update, run the AIX Fileset Deployment Wizard from the TEM Console with Fileset Option to create a custom Task or Fixlet message. The Wizard will prompt you for the location of the fileset you wish to deploy. Use the folder option to deploy multiple filesets or the download URL for a single Fileset. Select relevant OS platforms and customize text fields as necessary. Please see the following for more information click here.
More support for:
IBM Endpoint Manager for Patch Management
Patches for AIX
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): Platform Independent
Software edition: All Editions
Reference #: 1505749
Modified date: 09 November 2011