How do I enable the TEM Administration tool advanced option to use efficient MIME?
The following describes how to enable and manage efficient MIME settings.
Resolving the problem
Version 7.0 introduced an Advanced Deployment Option (usePre70ClientCompatibleMIME) that will reduce the size of multiple action groups and Baselines. The efficiency benefits of the setting will reduce network traffic, reduce the disk space used by the Client and allow the it to evaluate actions faster. The downside of using efficient MIME is that it is not backwards compatible and if efficient MIME is used the actions will be ignored by Clients below version 7.0.
On new installations of TEM the usePre70ClientCompatibleMIME is disabled by default while on upgrades it is enabled by default. Therefore, new installations do not need to use this setting unless pre-7.0 Clients are added. TEM installations that have been upgraded from 6.0 to 7.0 should disable this setting once Clients have been upgraded.
To create the usePre70ClientCompatibleMIME setting, please follow these steps:
- Open the TEM Administrator Tool
- Under the Advanced Options tab, set a new Advanced Option by clicking the 'Add' button.
- In the 'Set Advanced Option' window, enter usePre70ClientCompatibleMIME into the Name field.
- In the 'Set Advanced Option' window, enter true to use the less efficient pre-70 compatible MIME format or enter false to use the more efficient MIME format which is not backwards compatible.
- Click the 'OK' button to add the Advanced Option.