The following document specifies the system requirements needed for evaluating the BigFix/TEM product.
Resolving the problem
Please use the following information to run the evaluation version of the Tivoli Endpoint Manager Suite.
Click here for TEM Server requirements for production installations.
Click here for the Support Policy page with more details on OS Support for all TEM components.
Supported Operating Systems:
- Windows 2008 (x86/x64) Enterprise - TEM 7.1+
- Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
- Windows 2003 (x86/x64) Enterprise - TEM 6.0+
Note: 64-Bit version of Windows 2003 is supported for TEM 6.0 and above.
- No database is necessary for the eval version (MSDE 2000 will be installed if no database is detected).
- If a default instance of SQL Server 2000 or 2005 is detected, it will be used instead of MSDE.
Note: SQL Server 2005 (32-Bit and 64-Bit) is supported for TEM 6.0 and above.
- The TEM Server should be run on a dedicated server computer with 2 GHZ+ CPU and 1 GB+ of RAM.
- 5 GB+ of free disk space is recommended for best results (although only a minimum of 300 MB is strictly necessary for the TEM components and database).
- The TEM Server must have Internet access.
- The firewall/proxy cannot strip out unknown HTTP headers when the TEM Server connects to the TEM Fixlet servers at http://sync.bigfix.com on port 80.
- All TEM Clients should be able to connect to the TEM Server using HTTP on the specified port (default port is 52311).
- The TEM Server should be able to send UDP messages on the specified port (default port is 52311) to all the TEM Clients.
- The TEM Server must be accessible from each TEM Console using an ODBC connection.
- Avoid running personal firewall products on the TEM Server.
Note: These requirements are for the standard evaluation version and the production version of TEM can support many other advanced deployment options such as air gap installations, different port numbers, etc.