IBM Endpoint Manager Server Evaluation System Requirements
The following document specifies the system requirements needed for evaluating the IBM Endpoint Manager V9.2 product.
Resolving the problem
Please use the following information to run the evaluation version of the IBM Endpoint Manager product.
Click here for IBM Endpoint Manager product requirements.
Click here for the Support Policy page with more details on OS Support for all IBM Endpoint Manager components.
The evaluation version for Windows systems includes Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 SP1.
The evaluation version for Linux systems includes DB2 Workgroup Server Edition 10.5.
If a supported database exists on the server where you plan to install the product for evaluation, ensure that the local databases BFENT and BESREPOR are defined before starting to install.
- The IBM Endpoint Manager server must have Internet access.
- The firewall/proxy cannot strip out unknown HTTP headers when the IBM Endpoint Manager server connects to the IBM Endpoint Manager Fixlet servers at http://sync.bigfix.com on port 80.
- All IBM Endpoint Manager clients should be able to connect to the IBM Endpoint Manager server using HTTP on the specified port (default port is 52311).
- The IBM Endpoint Manager server should be able to send UDP messages on the specified port (default port is 52311) to all the IBM Endpoint Manager clients.
- The IBM Endpoint Manager server must be accessible from each IBM Endpoint Manager console using an ODBC connection.
- Avoid running personal firewall products on the IBM Endpoint Manager server.
Note: These requirements are for the standard evaluation version and the production version of IBM Endpoint Manager can support many other advanced deployment options such as air gap installations, different port numbers, etc.