How do you extract a process from an existing Project Area in IBM Rational Team Concert?
Extracting the process from a project area will create a process template which can be imported and used during the creation of additional project areas.
To extract the process from a project area, apply the following steps:
- In the Team Artifacts view of the eclipse client, right-click a project area and click Extract Process Template.
- A wizard will open to extract the process template into the repository.
- Provide a process ID and Name for your process template
- Click Finish
- The newly created process template will open in the Eclipse client.
- Navigate to Window -> Show View -> Process Templates
- Right click on the process template you just created
- Select 'Export'. This will save the process template locally on your machine.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.