The steps provided in the topic Metric Dump File in the IBM Cognos Administration and Security Guide incorrectly state that you must repeat the steps for each dispatcher in your environment. In fact, the steps only need to be followed for a single dispatcher.
Resolving the problem
You must enable one dispatcher in your environment for metric dumping. Once enabled and configured, this dispatcher controls the creation of system metric dump files on all dispatchers that it can communicate with. Use the metric dump files to obtain detailed information about the state of the system at a particular time, and to track system trends over a given period of time. The default name of this file is metricdump.xml and it is located in the c10/logs directory (after metric dumping is enabled).
The file path to the metricdump.xml files must be the same for all machines. Each dispatcher creates local metricdump.xml files.
You must edit the metricdumpconfiguration.xml file to specify the resources to be tracked in the metric dump file, and to control the size and location of the metricdump.xml file. The default location for the metricdumpconfiguration.xml file is: c10\configuration\metricdumpconfiguration.xml file.
- Launch IBM Cognos Administration.
- On the Configuration tab, click Dispatchers and Services.
- From the toolbar in the upper-right corner of the page, click the set properties button .
- The Set properties - Configuration page displays.
- Click the Settings tab.
- For the Environment category, next to Advanced settings, in the Value column, click Edit.
- In the Set advanced settings page, in the Parameter column, type the following, case-senstive, setting: DISP.MetricDumpEnabled
- In the Value column, type the URI of the dispatcher. You can find the dispatcher URI in IBM Cognos Configuration, under Environment >Dispatcher Settings. Use only the first part of the URI that ends with /p2pd. For example, using the http protocol go to c10_server:9300/p2pd
- Click OK twice.