The version of Java (Java 5) that is used by the QMF for Workstation Version 9.1 installer is not compatible with Windows 7. (QMF for Workstation Version 9.1 was released prior to Windows 7.)
This flash describes a workaround for this installation problem.
To resolve the problem, follow the instructions below to run the setupwin32.exe file using WindowsTM Vista compatibility mode.
Note: The location of the setupwin32.exe file depends on the product that you are installing. Also note that, if you receive the message "Please select another location to extract the installer to." whenever you try to select a directory, the installation file could be corrupted in some way. To fix this problem, download the fix pack again.
- Right-click the setupwin32.exe file and select Properties. The Properties window opens.
- Click the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- Click Change settings for all users on the Compatibility tab. A new Properties window opens.
- Select the Run the program in compatibility mode option and select Windows Vista.
- Click OK at the bottom of the window and click OK in the remaining window.
- Double-click setupwin32.exe to install QMFTM for Workstation Version 9.1.