Attempts to authenticate through LDAP into IBM Rational Team Concert using Case Insensitivity results in multiple user ids with different case.
When authenticating into Rational Team Concert using username RTC_USER, then switching to Case Insensitivity, an error may occur indicating "More than one contributor with RTC_USER found".
Under the Users Administration, there will be two user ids listed: RTC_USER and rtc_user.
When first authenticated as an upper case user ID, the server will continue to distinguish between upper and lower case, thinking there are two different user IDs. When Case Insensitivity is turned on, the server will not let the user sign in because there are two user IDs in the repository with the same name.
Rational Team Concert 3.0 configured for LDAP Authentication
Resolving the problem
To resolve this problem, each user ID needs to be renamed so that the repository can distinguish between them.
To do this, the link to the external LDAP user registry must be temporarily broken.
- Log in to Rational Team Concert as a Jazz Administrator user.
- Go to the Jazz Team Server Advanced Configuration page in the web user interface: https://
- Change the User Registry Type property from LDAP to UNSUPPORTED.
- Change property Ability to Modify User IDs from false to true.
- Save the Advanced Properties
- Modify both User IDs.
For example, the username RTC_USER could be re-named to RTC_USER1, while rtc_user could be re-named to rtc_user2. It is important for the repository to be able to distinguish between these user IDs.
- Archive both User IDs.
- Change property Ability to Modify User IDs back to false.
- Change property User Registry Type back to LDAP.
- Save the Advanced Properties.
- Navigate to the Users Administration page.
- Re-import the original user ID into the repository. This will create a new user ID using Case Insensitivity.
NOTE: Changing the user ID may render the dashboard unusable. as described in Defect 210699. The workaround to utilize the dashboard after changing the userid is detailed in comment 8 of that work item.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.