Error CRJAZ1415W when clicking to test connection in the Rational Team Concert configuring Public URI step
Attempts to 'test connection' of the Public URI in the setup of IBM Rational Team Concert results in CRJAZ1415W error.
You can log in to the https://myserver.example.com:9443/jts/setup page and navigate to 'Configure Public URI' setup step without any problem; however, in the Configure Public URI step when you enter "https://myserver.example.com:9443/jts" in the public URI root field and click on the 'Test Connection' button to test connection the error is seen.
"CRJAZ1579E - The configuration test resulted in errors. Resolve errors to continue."
When you click on 'Show Details', you see the details as below:
"The network web application specified as "https://myserver.example.com:9443/jts" cannot currently be resolved or opened. If you expect this address to be resolvable at this time, verify that the URI is valid. Connection message: Connection timed outIDCRJAZ1415W"
- You cannot find any entries in jts.log that corresponds to the above error.
- When you run 'ping myserver.example.com' from the command line, it returns an IP address.
The alias definition in the hosts file on the server machine is incorrect.
For example, when pinging 'myserver.example.com' from the client machine, it returns IP address as 220.127.116.11, but in the hosts file on the server machine, it is configured to map 'myserver.example.com' to 18.104.22.168.
- The alias name of the server machine is 'myserver.example.com'.
- Rational Team Concert is deployed on a server machine on "https://myserver.example.com:9443"
- You are trying to connect from a client machine which is a different physical machine from the server machine.
- Both the client and the server machines are on the same network.
- You are running "https://myserver.example.com:9443/jts/setup" from the client machine.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue, review entries in the hosts file on the server machine to see if an IP address is defined for the alias name of the server machine. If you find an entry that maps the alias name of the server machine to an IP address, ensure that the IP address is correct.
If you do not find any entry of the alias name of the server machine in the hosts file, this technote does not apply to your case.
The 'hosts' file can be found in the following location:
On Linux ==> /etc/hosts
On WINDOWS ==> <%WINDOWS_DIR%>\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.