ITIC does not copy fields with Russian symbols correctly. Source Database : Collation of DB is "Cyrillic_General_CI_AS". (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (9.0.4035))
Resolving the problem
These are instructions to down load and use Microsoft JDBC driver to
address the issue:
1. Download the Microsoft driver
- Within 30 seconds browser will offer to open/save license page.
- Click on
"I Accept and I want to download the Microsoft Windows version" or
"I Accept and I want to download the UNIX version "
at the bottom of the page depending on your operating system
- Save the file
- Unzip the downloaded file and copy sqljdbc.jar file to Integration
Composer's lib folder
2. Modify INIT.BAT (or INIT.SH) file:
to "DEFINE JDBC ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES" section
to UPDATE THE CLASSPATH section
3. Start ITIC
4. Select Browse Data Source by Data
- On the Open Data Source screen select Generic JDBC driver in the
Connection Method drop-down list
- Put "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver" in the driver
field (without quotes)
ntegratedSecurity=false;" in the URL field (without quotes) and replace
<HOST_NAME>, <HOST_PORT> and <DATABASE_NAME> with correspondent
- Provide User ID, Password and table owner
- Click Finish button
5. When schema opens find the data that contains russian characters and
see if they are displayed correctly in ITIC UI
6. Run the mapping and verify the data in TAMIT.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.