I have installed Sentinel RMS License Manager 8.x on a Windows operating system. How do I obtain a license?
There are a few ways to activate your network license.
One way is using Statistics License Authorization Wizard(LAW) if you have Sentinel License Manager(SLM) 8.3 or above. SLM 8.5 default installation directory C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Concurrent Licensing Tools\9.5.0\License Manager\WinNT\ and SLM 8.3 default installation directory c:\Program Files\common files\safenet sentinel\sentinel rms license manager\winnt). The License Wizard can be execute through your Start Menu or you can navigate to the SLM installation directory then right click on law.exe, and choose Run As Admin. If you are on 64-bits machine then it should be in (x86) directory since SLM is a 32-bits tool.
Second way is to activate via DOS prompt. To license your installation, you must run the licenseactivator.exe (or spssactivator.exe in the Sentinel License Manager installed from versions 16.0 and below) command line utility from the Sentinel RMS License Manager directory as follows:
1. Open a command prompt (Start->Run and type "cmd").
2. Change the directory to the location of the Sentinel License Manager, e.g.
cd "\program files\common files\safenet sentinel\sentinel rms license manager\winnt"
cd "\program files(x86)\common files\safenet sentinel\sentinel rms license manager\winnt" If you are using 64-bits environment.
3. Run the spssactivator or licenseactivator command line, e.g.
SLM 8.5 Installation directory:
C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Concurrent Licensing Tools\9.5.0\License Manager\WinNT\
licenseactivator abcdefghij1234567890 (if installed from 17.0 or later disc)
For SLM 7.3 and below
spssactivator abcdefghij1234567890 (if installed from 16.0 disc)
Below are the available parameters for spssactivator.exe for entering mulitple codes or if behind a proxy:
Syntax: spssactivator code1[:code2:...upto...:code10] [proxy-username] [proxy-password]
Syntax: licenseactivator code1[:code2:...upto...:code10] [proxy-username] [proxy-password]
!Note: Before entering a license code, all characters after '#' MUST be removed.
4. Restart the Sentinel RMS License Manager service: go to your Windows Control Panel and double-click Administrative Tools. Next, double-click Services. Finally, right-click "Sentinel LM" from the list of Services and select "Restart" from the context menu
For Mac OSx and Linux server:
1) Log into your Linux machine as the 'root' user
2) Open the Terminal command as ROOT
3) Navigate to the directory where you installed the Sentinel License Manager
4) Enter the following command:
sudo ./licenseactivator [authorization code] for SLM 8.2 and above.
sudo ./licenseactivator abcdefghij1234567890 (if installed from 17.0 or later disc)