How to license the Sentinel RMS License Manager on Windows, Linux or Mac for my SPSS Products
To license for Sentinel RMS License Manager for Windows, Linux or Mac follow the instructions for your version and operating system.
Use the License Authorization Wizard(LAW) for Sentinel License Manager(SLM) 8.3 or above. You can find the LAW in the SLM default installation directory. By version the default directories are:
SLM 8.3: C:\Program Files\common files\safenet sentinel\sentinel rms license manager\winnt).
SLM 8.5: C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Concurrent Licensing Tools\9.5.0\License Manager\WinNT\
SLM 9.5: C:\Program Files\IBM\SPSS\Concurrent Licensing Tools\9.5.0\License Manager\WinNT
C:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\SPSS\Concurrent Licensing Tools\9.5.0\License Manager\WinNT
SLM 9.6: There is no LAW, then license through the command prompt as shown below.. The installation directory is
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT
Obtaining a license by using the License Authorization Wizard
To run the License Authorization Wizard, right-click on law.exe located in the directory and choose 'Run as Administrator'. Note that SLM is a 32-bit program. If you are running the SLM on a 64-bit server, LAW is ocated in the (x86) directory.
Obtaining a license by using the Command prompt
To license your installation, run licenseactivator.exe in the SLM directory for 8.3 or above. The command line directions are as follows:
1. Open a command prompt (Start->Run and type "cmd").
2. Change the directory to the Sentinel License Manager directory. For example when licensing SLM 9.6:
cd "\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\SafeNet Sentinel\Sentinel RMS License Manager\WinNT"
3. Once in the installation directory, run the licenseactivator command line with your authorization code. For example:
4. Restart the Sentinel RMS License Manager service. In the "Windows Control Panel" select Administrative Tools, and then Services. Right-click "Sentinel LM" from the list of Services and select "Restart" from the context menu.
For Mac OSx and Linux server:
1. Log in to your Linux machine as the 'root' user
2. Open the Terminal command as ROOT
3. Browse to the directory where you installed the Sentinel License Manager
4. Enter the following command:
sudo ./licenseactivator [authorization code] for SLM 8.3 and above. For example
sudo ./licenseactivator abcdefghij1234567890
Note that SLM 7.3 and below are no longer supported versions and the best course of action is to upgrade.