How do I create a user for Web Analysis?
Verify the profile exists in Essbase Administration Services, (EAS), and then follow the steps below.
Creating a User for Web Analysis
1. On the Web Analysis system go to Start || Programs || Oracle EPM System || Foundation Services|| Shared Services Console. ( This could also be accessed via the url: http://systemname:28080/interop. Replace systemname with the recognized network name of the system that Web Analysis is installed on.)
2. Login with the Admin User
3. Click the plus sign next to the User Directories and click the plus sign next to the Native Directory
4. Right Click on Users and select New
5. Put in the iSeries username and password and provide the First and last name if you wish
6. If there are no groups you can just click on the Finish button, otherwise click Next and it will prompt you for the Group.
Note: When adding groups to a profile, if the security is different in each group and multiple groups are added, the permissions will be applied based on the most secure group.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.