How to install Rational License Server 8.1.1 on UNIX
How do you install IBM Rational License Server 8.1.1 on UNIX?
You cannot upgrade from an earlier release of Rational License Key Server.
If you have Rational License Server 7.1 or earlier installed, you must uninstall the license server before installing Rational License Key Server 8.x.
You cannot upgrade license servers versions 7.1 or earlier to version 8.x.
Rational License Key Server version 8.x cannot be on the same machine as IBM Rational Common License version 7.1 or earlier and IBM Rational License Server TL 2.0
- You cannot upgrade from an earlier release of Rational License Key Server. If you have Rational License Server 7.1 or earlier installed, you must uninstall the license server before installing Rational License Key Server 8.x. You cannot upgrade license servers versions 7.1 or earlier to version 8.x.
- Rational License Key Server version 8.x cannot be on the same machine as IBM Rational Common License version 7.1 or earlier and IBM Rational License Server TL 2.0
1. Download the IBM Rational License Key Server from the Passport Advantage Website
The download contains a tar.gz file, the name of which depends on the intended platform. Download the version for the platform on which you are installing.
2. Unpack the files. You can use gzip or gtar as shown in the following example.
Example using the C85W8JA tar file:
gzip –dc C85W8JA.tar.gz | tar –xf –
A directory is created. The directory is named RLS.8.0.0.PLATFORM_x86, where PLATFORM is one of AIX®, Linux, Solaris, or HP-UX.
If you have GNU tar (gtar), it has the option to uncompress the file (-z) as it untars the file. For example:
gtar –xzf C85W8JA.tar.gz
3. Start the license_setup script in the directory created when you unpacked the files.
The script starts by providing instructions for using license_setup.
The script prompts you for a Rational directory, such as rational_dir/config directory.
4. Choose to accept or not accept the IBM Rational license agreement.
- If you accept the license agreement, the script continues.
- If you do not accept the license agreement, you cannot continue with the script. Exit the program. The script exits and does not change the server.
5. Provide your license file information. Import the information from the license file by providing a path.
Example path: /var/IBM/lic/license.
6. View the license information and click Enter.
7. Define the location for the file license.dat file that is created from the information supplied by the file.
By default, license_setup creates the file license.dat. Example path: /var/IBM/Rational/license.dat. Choose either the default path that license_setup has selected or specify an alternate path.
8. Proceed with the License Check menu.
9. Perform options 1-3 sequentially and continue to the next menu. If you are setting up a permanent authorized user license, perform option 1 only.
Note: These options are the default settings provided by license_setup.
More support for:
Rational License Key Server
Rational License Key Server
Software version: All Versions
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris
Reference #: 1474621
Modified date: 31 March 2011