Completion of Setup hangs on Login Screen of Jazz Team Server
Attempts to complete the setup wizard for IBM Rational Team Concert results in a hang on the IBM Rational Jazz Team Server Administration page Loading screen.
You are able to log in and access the jazz set up wizard and complete all the steps.
After clicking on the finish button to load the Jazz Team Server's Administration page, the web user interface is hung on the "Loading.." screen.
No errors are shown on the front end and the behavior is consistent across all browsers.
Each Rational Team Concert instance requires it's own Content Temporary Directory and VersionableContent Temporary Directory to avoid this type of odd behavior.
In this particular case, multiple instances of Rational Team Concert were running within separate IBM WebSphere Application Server profiles, while sharing the same tmp directory for both contentservice and versionedcontentservice directories.
Resolving the problem
Apply the following steps to resolve the issue:
- Create the following directories in the userid's home directory:
- Navigate to the Advanced Properties of the Jazz Server Administration.
- Navigate to com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.ContentService Advanced Property and change the current value of the Content Temporary Directory to point to the new temporary directory for ContentService (as created in Step #1).
- Complete the same steps as in Step #3 for the following additional Temporary Directories, pointing them to the newly created directories:
(the temporary directory for this property should be pointing to the same path of the contentservice)
- Ensure that the teamserver.properties file contains the correct paths:
- Navigate to
- Open teamserver.properties to edit
- Add the following entries in the file if they do not already exist:
- Navigate to
Note about Content Service Directory:
- The path to the directory to be used by the Content Service for temporary files. The file system in which this directory resides needs to have sufficient space for the creation and retrieval of temporary copies of potentially large content, periodically cleaned as described by 'Content Cleanup Period'.
Note about Versionable Content Service Directory:
- The path to the directory to be used by the Versionable Content Service for temporary files. The file system in which this directory resides needs to have sufficient space for the creation and retrieval of temporary copies of potentially large content. DO NOT make this the same as the temporary directory of ContentService or they will risk running into each other.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 2.0, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 3.0
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1470574
Modified date: 19 December 2011