Modifying a user ID in Rational Team Concert while using LDAP
How do you modify a user ID within IBM Rational Team Concert while it is bound to an external LDAP directory?
If there is incorrect spelling in the user ID in Rational Team Concert, the user ID will not synchronize with the LDAP user ID because they are considered different.
To modify a user ID within Rational Team Concert, the link to the external LDAP user registry needs to be temporarily broken which would allow modifications to a user ID.
Note: Steps 3 and 6 below are new to Rational Team Concert 3.0 and later.
- Go to Advanced Configuration page in the web user interface: https://[servername:port]/jts/admin#action=com.ibm.team.repository.admin.configureAdvanced
- Change property User Registry Type from LDAP to UNSUPPORTED
- Change property Ability to Modify User IDs from false to true
- Save settings
- Modify User ID
- Change property Ability to Modify User IDs back to false
- Change property User Registry Type back to LDAP
- Save changes. You will need to scroll back to the top of the page to click on the Save button.
Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 3.0, 3.0.1, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 4.0, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.0.3, 4.0.4, 4.0.5, 4.0.6, 4.0.7, 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 6.0, 6.0.1
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1470141
Modified date: 14 April 2016