On Windows 2008 R2, Unable to start the Domino as service even after recycling the OS.
Administrator has installed the IBM Lotus Domino Server on Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, Service for the Domino server is not starting up automatically, There is no error message reported if administrator manually tried to start the domino service from the windows services windows.
Even recycling the OS did not help to resolve the issue. Administrator is able to start the domino server as regular application.
This can happen if there is some of kind of issue for the Domino service registration on the Windows box.
Resolving the problem
This issue can be resolved by recreating the Domino services using the Domino utility "Service Create".
Steps to resolve:
1. From the windows command prompt go to the path where the domino program resides
2. Issue the below command which will delete the domino service on windows.
C:\Lotus\Domino>sc delete "Lotus Domino Server"
It shows the command executed and the service for Lotus Domino Server is deleted. As shown in the below screen.
3. If it is not updated in the windows services window please refresh it you will see the Domino service is removed.
4. Now from the same command line execute the below command to add the service for "Lotus Domino Server" please note that you have to give the path of your domino server for the command.
C:\Lotus\Domino>sc create "Lotus Domino Server" binPath= "C:\Lotus\Domino\nservice.exe =c:\Lotus\Domino\notes.ini -jc -c"
Once you execute the above command you will see the Create Service SUCCESS. As shown in the below screen.
5. You will see Domino service will be added and startup type it shows as Manual. Change this to Automatic then recycle the OS.
6. Once the OS restarted you will see domino server is already started as service.
Additional information and steps:
Unable to start the Domino 852 server as a service and run the Java Controller on Windows 2008 R2 server
Translate this page: