Start the WBE installer, select a typical installation, and accept all the defaults. The installer fails with the message "WBE was installed, but errors occured during install. For more info, check the log", the line below that reads "Business Space install failed" with no explanation.
Within your environment a pre-existing Installation Manager exists. When opening IM after the failure and checking the repositories; you will see that the WAS and Business space repositories have been added. However, all pre-existing repositories have been REMOVED from it during the install consequently the WBE installation fails with "Business Space install failed".
Newer existing Installation Manager (IM) exists on the machine.
Diagnosing the problem
For more information check the installation log.
Resolving the problem
To manually clean up after a failed installation, see the WBE V7 documentation:
Then re-import your missing registrations back into IM by recovering them through the IM menu.
Then if you want to install again, follow the steps:
1. Install WBE using Advanced option accepting defaults
2. Start profile management tool (under WBE_dir/WAS_dir/bin)
3. Create a standalone app server profile (AppSrv01)
4. Augment it with Websphere extreme scale
5. Augment it with Websphere business events
Use the following steps to install business space widgets:
- Copy the widget zips from C:\Program Files\IBM\WBE701\WAS\BusinessSpace\widgets directory to c:\
- Rename them as tools.zip and tester.zip
- Extract them to c:\tools and c:\tester respectively
c:\dir-to-WAS-bin> wsadmin.bat -lang jython -conntype NONE
AdminTask.installBusinessSpace('[-serverName server1 -nodeName nodenameNode01 -save true]')
AdminTask.installBusinessSpaceWidgets('[-serverName server1 -nodeName NodenameNode01 -widgets c:\\tools.zip]')
AdminTask.installBusinessSpaceWidgets('[-serverName server1 -nodeName NodenameNode01 -widgets c:\\tester.zip]')
AdminTask.updateBusinessSpaceWidgets('[-serverName server1 -nodeName NodenameNode01 -endpoints c:\\tools\\endpoints\endpoints_WBEWidgets.xml]')
AdminTask.updateBusinessSpaceWidgets('[-serverName server1 -nodeName NodenameNode01 -endpoints c:\\tester\\endpoints\endpoints_WBETesterWidget.xml]')