How do you help avoid C:\Windows\Temp directory to run out of disk space when using IBM Rational Focal Point?
Filling up the temp directory on the disk takes up the drive space causing the application to stop responding.
This is specific to Windows as Operating System and PostgreSQL as the database.
Steps to avoid lucene files to add on the disk:
- Stop Focal Point
- Login to PostgreSQL database
- Execute the following query (where xx is the tableidno)
drop table lucenexx cascade;
Note: The lucene table will be listed as lucene2, lucene3 ...
- Execute the following query on the same database
delete from indexqueue
- Restart PostgreSQL services
- Navigate to <Tomcat Home>/conf/Catalina/localhost
- Edit fp.xml
- Add the line
<Resource name="focalpoint/filestorage" auth="Container"
- Ensure it states FileStorageDB and not FileStorageFS.
Note: If its FileStorageFS, change it to FileStorageDB
- Start Tomcat
- Monitor the tomcat logs for index recreation
- Launch Focal Point
Monitor your disk space for a day.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.