Rational Team Concert and Oracle backup mechanism
Which Oracle backup mechanism should I use to backup my IBM Rational Team Concert's Oracle repository database?
The commonly used Oracle datapump backup facility when:
- Not used in conjunction with flashback_scn
- Performed when the Rational Team Concert server is still up and running might result in inconsistent, corrupted, or out of sync, hence unusable repository database backups.
In order to correctly backup the Rational Team Concert Oracle repository database, either:
- Use datapump when the Rational Team Concert server is NOT running
- Stop the Rational Team Concert server
- Use datapump to backup the repository database
- Start the server
- Use datapump with flashback_scn with the Rational Team Concert server up and running
- Use Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN).
|Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Refer to technote 1319600 for details and links.
More support for:
Rational Team Concert
Software version: 1.0, 1.0.1, 22.214.171.124, 2.0, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 3.0
Operating system(s): Linux, Windows
Reference #: 1454793
Modified date: 2010-11-17