Collecting Data: JMS for IBM Web Content Manager 7.0
Collecting data for IBM Web Content Manager (WCM) V7.0 JMS issues. Gathering this information before contacting IBM Support will help to understand the problem and save time analyzing the data.
Resolving the problem
If you already contacted IBM Support and must collect data to determine the nature of a problem in WebSphere Portal, review the information below for the available methods of data collection. Otherwise, review Collecting Data: Read first for WebSphere Portal 7.0.
|Manual collection of troubleshooting data|
1) Collecting environment details:
- WebSphere version?
- LDAP server product and version installed, if any (local or remote and on what platform?)
- Database product and version installed, if any other than Cloudscape (local or remote and on what platform?)
- Operating System
2) Providing a detailed problem description:
Provide a detailed description of the issue you are reporting. When recreating the issue to collect the traces requested below, document your recreate scenario. Include the approximate time of each action.
- Was the create-wcm-jms-resources task run sucessfully?
- What topics are being published?
- Is there any problem with the message content?
- Are the messages not being retrieved properly?
3) Collecting trace file output:
1. Access the WebSphere Application Server Administrative Console by using the URL, http://hostname:port_number/ibm/console.
2. Go to the Server > Application servers section.
3. Select the application server of your portal.
4. Click Troubleshooting > Change Log Detail Levels.
5. Specify the required trace settings as follows:
6. Save your updates.
7. Restart the portal.
a) Stop the portal server.
b) Archive and delete the contents of the wp_profile/logs/WebSphere_Portal directory.
c) Start portal.
8. Recreate the reported issue (see Section 2 above).
9. To disable tracing, specify tracestring: *=info, and restart the portal.
4) Collect the required files:
- Provide the MessagingService.properties file from the wp_profile/PortalServer/wcm/shared/app/config/wcmservices directory.
- Provide the entire contents of the wp_profile/logs/WebSphere_Portal directory after the traces have been collected.
- Provide the entire contents of the wp_profile/config/cells/<cell_name>/buses/ directory.
- Provide resources.xml file from wp_profile/config/cells/<cell_name>/nodes/<node_name>/.
- Provide the ConfigTrace.log file from wp_profile/configEngine/log/.
NOTE: When sending in logs for review, include any related screenshots, timestamps, userIds, and so on, in order to expedite analysis of the issue.
|Send the diagnostic information to IBM support:|
More support for:
IBM Web Content Manager
Software version: 7.0, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1450903
Modified date: 12 April 2011
Translate this page: