Required perfagent.tools versions
The System p agents sometimes do not retrieve data due to AIX Performance Tool APARs. Certain metrics might not be collected, LPARS are displayed as "Unmonitored", or the agent data provider fails to start or stops running.
The following symptoms may occur and may be intermittent:
- The Tivoli Enterprise Portal does not show data for the System P agents or the data is displayed as "Not Collected."
- For the CEC Base agent, some LPARs are displayed as "Unmonitored."
- The agent data provider may stop running or fail to start.
APARs in the perfagent.tools fileset (AIX Performance Tools) affect the data collection and operation of the System p agents.
Resolving the problem
The HMC Base agent v184.108.40.206 replaces the CEC Base agent, and the HMC Base agent does not depend on perfagent.tools since it gets data directly from the HMC.
For the AIX Premium agent or CEC Base agent, install the latest level of the perfagent.tools fileset. These filesets contain the latest APAR fixes:
- perfagent.tools 220.127.116.11 (AIX Fix Pack 7100-01-06-1241)
- perfagent.tools 18.104.22.168 (AIX Fix Pack 7100-00-08-1241)
- perfagent.tools 22.214.171.124 (AIX Fix Pack 6100-07-06-1241)
- perfagent.tools 126.96.36.199 (AIX Fix Pack 6100-06-10-1241)
Note: There are no known problems with perfagent.tools 7.1.2.x or 6.1.8.x. Check the link below for the latest levels.
The links for the fix packs and the complete set of perfagent.tools filesets are listed here:
VIOS administrators should also run the latest service pack of VIOS to pick up the latest version of the perfagent.tools fileset.
Note: For older VIOS environments and for administrators who do not want to install a full service pack associated with the perfagent.tools fileset, contact IBM Support and request the latest eFixes for the perfagent.tools fileset.
AIX Premium agent