How do you turn on the IBM Rational Team Concert trace log from Microsoft Visual Studio to trouble shoot Visual Studio related issue in Rational Team Concert?
To get the Rational Team Concert trace logs, modify the Visual Studio config file named: "devenv.exe.config" following the steps below. This config file can be found in the same folder as "devene.exe". For example "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\deven.exe.config":
- Close Visual Studio and then open the above config file in Wordpad.
- Go to the end of the file, you should see similar codes like the following:
- Before the "</configuration>" tag, paste in the following lines
<add name="RTCTraceLevel" value="4"/>
- Save the file and close it.(4 is the highest tracing level, similar to Verbose option)
- Now start Visual Studio, try to re-produce the problem.
Rational Team Concert should start logging, the trace files can be found at location where pointed by the "APPDATA" environment variable, under IBM\Rational\Team Concert Visual Studio Client subdirectory. For example, if APPDATA points to "C:\Documents and Settings\kkishore\Application Data" the location of Rational Team Concert logs will be found under "C:\Documents and Settings\kkishore\Application Data\IBM\Rational\Team Concert Visual Studio Client"
|Jazz and Rational Team Concert have an active community that can provide you with additional resources. Browse and contribute to the User forums, contribute to the Team Blog and review the Team wiki.
Refer to technote 1319600 for details and links.