This technote identifies an issue that can occur in IBM Rational DOORS, where unlocking only one section causes duplicate absolute numbers. A work around is provided.
When an IBM Rational DOORS client locked multiple sections and creates objects on those sections, you might get duplicate absolute numbers. This occurs when you unlock only one section and a second client then locks the section that you just unlocked.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
Using the Rational DOORS client v220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168, create a module with a simple structure, for example:
Make 1, 2 and 3 sections, save the module and close
- With client A and B open the module in edit shareable mode
- With client A, lock sections 1 and 2
- With client C, lock section 3
- With client A add objects to sections 1 and 2
- With client A, unlock and save section 1
- With client B, lock section 1
- With client B, create some objects
This issue has been identified as a product defect under APAR PM20773.
Resolving the problem
To circumvent the problem, you have two options:
- Downgrade Rational DOORS client to version 22.214.171.124.
- Lock only one section at a time, when in edit shareable mode. Unlock before you lock further sections.
If you are experiencing the issue of having duplicate absolute numbers please contact the Rational DOORS support team.
Due to this problem the following patches are no longer available from FixCentral:
Rational DOORS 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52