Opening and upgrading pre-v8.0 models might run out of memory or take a long time
Upgrading very large and highly fragmented pre- v8.0 models to the v8.0 format might cause a run-out-of-memory error or take a long time.
Opening or upgrading a large, highly fragmented pre-v8.0 model to v8.0 takes more than 10 minutes or throws an OutOfMemoryException.
Migration triggers the loading of models referenced by the model currently being migrated.
Resolving the problem
Use the following work-around to eliminate this issue:
- If the application is running, close it.
- Locate the “eclipse.ini” file in the installation SDP folder, for example on Windows: “C:\Program Files\IBM\SDP\eclipse.ini”
- Open the “eclipse.ini” file with a text editor.
- Put the following text on a new line at the end of the file: -Dcom.ibm.xtools.80MigrationNoResolve=1
- Start the product and migrate your models.
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect for WebSphere Software||Modeling||Linux, Windows||8.0|
|Software Development||Rational Software Architect RealTime Edition||Modeling||Linux, Solaris, Windows||8.0|