How do I reset a lost or forgotten password in IBM Rational Quality Manager configured with a Tomcat user registry?
A Rational Quality Manager user has forgotten their password. When the user attempts to log in, the user receives the error "Invalid user ID or password".
If you have JazzAdmin repository permissions on the Rational Quality Manager server, you can reset other user's passwords for them by using the Reset Password function in the Jazz Eclipse client. Follow the steps below.
- Download and unzip Rational Team Concert Client for Eclipse IDE.
Note: You must download the version that is aligned with the version of your Rational Quality Manager server. For example, if you are using Rational Quality Manager 2.0.1 iFix03, the corresponding Rational Team Concert version is 220.127.116.11 iFix03: https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-team-concert/releases/18.104.22.168iFix3?p=allDownloads
The direct link to the Client for Eclipse IDE is:
- From any machine with connectivity to the Rational Quality Manager server, launch the Eclipse client by running
- Close the Welcome screen if it appears.
- Click Connect to Project Area in the Team Artifacts tab.
- Select Create a new repository connection and click Next.
- Enter the URI of your Rational Quality Manager server (example: https: //rqm:9443/jazz/) and your User ID and Password, then click Next.
- Select the project area and click Finish.
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the repository connection you just created. Choose Administer -> Open Users....
- Search for and select the user that you are resetting the password for, then click OK.
- Click Reset Password, and then click Reset when prompted.
- The server automatically generates a new password for the user and sends them a notification e-mail, an example of which is below.
- The user can now log in with the temporary password, and change it to a new password of his or her choice by following the steps in technote 1418901: Changing your password in IBM Rational Quality Manager.