This document will help you to understand more about DB2 Administration Server and the SQL4401C error message.
Resolving the problem
- The DB2 Administration Server (DAS) is a process - db2dasrrm (service on Windows) used by the GUI tools such as Control Center (CC), Configuration Assistant to perform remote system level administrative tasks (e.g. access file system, execute scripts, etc.).
- There can be only one DAS in a database server.
- A single DAS is capable of performing administration tasks against DB2 instances at multiple installed levels of code.
- The DAS always listens for requests on TCP/IP port 523.
- The DAS is available on all supported Windows® and UNIX® platforms as well as the zSeries® (OS/390® and z/OS® only) platforms.
- "SQL4401C The DB2 Administration Server encountered an error during startup" is a generic error message returned while starting DAS, could have been caused by multiple reasons.
To learn more, please read the DB2 Administration Server overview page in the information center.