Learning more about DB2 Administration Server (DAS) and the SQL4401C error
This document will help you to understand more about DB2 Administration Server and the SQL4401C error message.
Resolving the problem
- The DB2 Administration Server (DAS) is a process - db2dasrrm (service on Windows) used by the GUI tools such as Control Center (CC), Configuration Assistant to perform remote system level administrative tasks (e.g. access file system, execute scripts, etc.).
- There can be only one DAS in a database server.
- A single DAS is capable of performing administration tasks against DB2 instances at multiple installed levels of code.
- The DAS always listens for requests on TCP/IP port 523.
- The DAS is available on all supported Windows® and UNIX® platforms as well as the zSeries® (OS/390® and z/OS® only) platforms.
- "SQL4401C The DB2 Administration Server encountered an error during startup" is a generic error message returned while starting DAS, could have been caused by multiple reasons.
To learn more, please read the DB2 Administration Server overview page in the information center.
More support for:
DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows
Software version: 9.1, 9.5, 9.7
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1441648
Modified date: 2010-11-02