Error "HY000 SOLID Communication Error 21306" when connecting to a core
Attempts to connect to a remote core using IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition results in the error "Error: HY000 SOLID Communication Error 21306: Server 'tcp localhost 2315' not found."
When connecting to a remote core using AppScan Source Edition, you receive the following error:
Unable to process the database transaction. Error: HY000 SOLID Communication Error 21306: Server 'tcp localhost 2315' not found, connection failed
This error will occur if the AppScan Source Edition Core is unable to connect to the database.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this problem, you need to ensure that the AppScan Source Edition Database service is running on the database server. To do so:
- Log in to the database server.
- Open the Computer Management window (right-click My Computer and choose Manage).
- Go to Services And Applications -> Services.
- Locate the service called IBM Rational AppScan Source Edition Database. It is likely that this service is not running or it needs to be restarted.
- Right-click the service and choose Start (or Restart).
- Attempt to log in to the AppScan Core again.
If the problem persists after starting or restarting the AppScan Source Edition Database service on the database server, you should check that the AppScan Source Edition Core is properly configured to connect to the database. To do so, perform the following steps on the system where the AppScan Source Edition Core is running:
- Run AppScanSrcSettings.bat, which is located under C:\Program Files\IBM\AppScan Source\bin, by default.
- Click the Common Ounce Settings tab.
- Check the value of the Client Database Connection Information field to verify that it is correct.
- If you need to make any changes, click the Save Tab button at the top of the window and then restart the AppScan Source Edition services running on the system.