Collecting Data: Solving Rational Quality Manager issues
This technote provides you with information about IBM Rational Quality Manager (RQM) for resolving issues in a timely fashion. It requires gathering certain technical data and sending them along with business impact justifications to IBM so they can be prioritized correctly and efficiently.
Resolving the problem
Rational Quality Manager data needed for IBM Support
Here is the short list of what must be acquired. Additional information might be requested depending on the situation at the time.
- Log files to gather
- Versions of applications
- Jazz.Log and other info needed
- Additional reference information
Log files to gather
- Location of the logs might differ depending on installed product, but they are always located in the server installation directory, referenced thereafter as <server_install_dir>.
- In order to get a "clean picture", rotate the logs.
- Stop the server
- Copy <log_file>.log <log_file>.log.old
- Start the server
If You are using Tomcat, the Rational Quality Manager logs are in '<RQM>/server/' - all files starting with rqm.log (rollovers will have a .1, at the end).
Tomcat logs are in '<RQM>/server/tomcat/logs' - all files.
IBM WebSphere Application Server
If You are using IBM WebSphere Application Server, the Rational Quality Manager logs are in:
All files starting with rqm.log (rollovers will have a .1, at the end).
WebSphere Application Server logs are in:
All files ending with .log
Version and names of the following applications (including fixes if present)
- Operating System (OS) for the client
- Rational Quality Manager
- Server OS
- Applications that integrate with Rational Quality Manager (if this applies)
<server_install_dir>server\server\logs\jazz.log (RTC/RRC install)
<server_install_dir>server\server\tomcat\logs\jazz.log (other install)
Example: copy jazz.log to jazz.log.old
Team server properties file
teamserver.properties (rename it - for example: teamserver_RQM.properties)
Information about the error
- Provide screen shots of the error.
- Include full text of the error message.
- Step or steps leading to error.
- What were you attempting to execute up to the error/situation?
Rational Requirements Composer and/or CLM (If this applies)
Rational Requirements Composer Server (if Rational Requirements Composer is involved)
<server_install_dir>server/conf/rdm/friendsconfig.rdf (rename it - example: friendsconfig_RDM.rdf)
[Rational Requirements Composer] rdm.log
located in <server_install_dir>server\server\logs\rdm.log
[CLM Product] Server configuration files
Depending on installed product, configuration files are located in:
- [RTC/RQM] <server_install_dir>conf/jazz/
- [Rational Requirements Composer] <server_install_dir>conf/rrc/
<server_conf_dir>friendsconfig.rdf(rename it - ex: friendsconfig_<product_name>.rdf)
<server_conf_dir>services.xml(rename it - ex: services_<product_name>.xml)
<server_conf_dir>teamserver.properties(rename it - ex: teamserver_<product_name>.properties)
- Is this a production or testing environment?
- How many users are affected?
- Is the server completely down and or only certain components giving the issue?
- Please add any additional comments?
|Software Development||Rational Project Conductor||General Information||Windows||1.0|
|Software Development||Rational Quality Manager||General Information||Windows||1.0, 1.0.1, 2.0, 2.0.1|
|Software Development||Rational Requirements Composer||General Information||Windows||1.0, 2.0|
|Software Development||Rational Team Concert||General Information||Windows||1.0, 1.0.1, 2.0|
More support for:
Rational Quality Manager
Software version: 2.0, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 2.0.1
Operating system(s): Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1438403
Modified date: 03 August 2010