Updating DocClass failed reporting an exception Numeric value out of range (null) in IBM FileNet Capture Professional
When "Update DocClass Definitions Now" is checked in Capture Manager, IBM FileNet Capture fails with exception error. The exception error is reported when adding a new record to IndexDescs table.
Exception error reported:
Numeric value out of range (null)
The problem occurs when the Maximum String Length on a Property defined in IBM FileNet Enterprise Content Manager (FEM) exceeds the integer limit which can be set on the Capture repository database. The actual limitation is dependent on the database. For a regular Content Engine repository, which utilizes a local MDB file, the limit for the field is 32767. The Maximum String Length for all properties must be set lower than the limitation.
Resolving the problem
Steps to resolve the problem:
1. Start FileNet Enterprise Manager
2. Log on and Expand Object Stores
3. Locate and Expand the Object Store which Capture is connecting
4. Right-Click on Document Class and click Properties
5. Select Property Definitions tab and check the list of Properties
6. Select a Property and click Edit
7. Select the "More" tab and ensure Maximum String Length is lower than 32767. Click Ok to save changes.
8. Repeat steps 6 and 7 so that all Properties have Maximum String Length lower than the limit.
More support for:
Software version: 5.2, 5.2.1
Operating system(s): Windows
Software edition: Desktop, Professional
Reference #: 1437964
Modified date: 2013-06-17