Users are randomly logged out of IBM Rational Focal Point before the session times-out
This issue is identified to be due to the usage of lower version of Servlet Engine with IBM Rational Focal Point.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue:
- Go to General -> About Focal Point page
- If the version of Servlet Engine is below Tomcat 5.5.28, then the tomcat libraries must be upgraded.
Below are the steps to upgrade Tomcat libraries :
- Download the 5.5.28 version of Tomcat from:
- Stop Rational Focal Point
- Copy the apache-tomcat-5.5.X folder from current Focal Point home to another location as a backup (Donot remove)
- Backup the server.xml from <Tomcat Home>\conf
- Unzip the downloaded apache-tomcat-5.5.28.tar.gz
- Copy and replace the files from
- apache-tomcat-5.5.28\bin to FPhome\apache-tomcat-5.5.X\bin
- apache-tomcat-5.5.28\common to FPhome\apache-tomcat-5.5.X\common
- apache-tomcat-5.5.28\shared to FPhome\apache-tomcat-5.5.X\shared
- apache-tomcat-5.5.28\server to FPhome\apache-tomcat-5.5.X\server
- apache-tomcat-5.5.28\confto FPhome\ catalinabase1\conf as well except server.xml.