How do you perform a console trace on a Proventia appliance?
You may be asked by a Technical Support Analyst to record the serial console output of a Proventia appliance. This can be a useful tool to identify noted error messages not normally recorded in the appliance's log files, such as boot failures, disk I/O errors, or intermittent appliance lockups. Follow the instructions below to perform a console trace from an appliance:
- Connect the provided serial console cable to the console port on the Proventia appliance and the serial port on the computer.
- On the computer, go to Start > Programs > Accessories > Communications.
- Click HyperTerminal.
- Create a new connection using the following settings:
Communications Port: COM1
Bits per second: 9600
Data bits: 8
Stop bits: 1
Flow control: None
- Press Enter to establish a connection.
- Log into the appliance as root.
- Run the following command:
echo 8 7 > /proc/sys/kernel/printk
Note: That command can be added to the end of the /etc/rc.d/rc.local file to be run automatically at boot.
- From the HyperTerminal toolbar, select Transfer > Capture Text.
- Enter a name for the trace file and click Start.
- Allow the trace to run until the issue is reproduced and the necessary information is captured.
- From the HyperTerminal toolbar, select Transfer > Capture Text > Stop.
- Retrieve the trace file and submit it to Technical Support for review.
If the above information does not resolve your issue, please contact IBM Security Systems Technical Support.
|Security||Proventia Virtualized Network Security Platform||Not Applicable||Firmware||3.3, 4.1, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6|
|Security||IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System||Not Applicable||Firmware||4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6|
|Security||Proventia Network Multi-Function Security||Not Applicable||Firmware||3.14, 3.15, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6|
|Security||Proventia Network Enterprise Scanner||Not Applicable||Firmware||1.4, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3|