IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager (TSM) HSM for Windows® Client and McAfee AV
How do I have to configure McAfee AV with TSM HSM for Windows so that it is possible to restore stub files?
Since Tivoli Storage Manager Version 5.5, the Tivoli Storage Manager backup-archive client can restore Tivoli Storage Manager HSM for Windows migrated files as stubs (RESTOREMIGSTATE=YES), or as resident files (RESTOREMIGSTATE=NO). However, if McAfee antivirus software is installed with default settings, the RESTOREMIGSTATE option is ignored. The result is that files are always resident after restore.
You can change the behavior of McAfee AntiVirus so that the RESTOREMIGSTATE option is not ignored. Configure On-Access in McAfee AntiVirus for the Tivoli Storage Manager backup-archive.
1. Start the 'VirusScan Console' : Start -> Program Files -> McAfee -> VirusScan Console
2. Open the 'On-Access Scanner' properties window.
3. Click 'Default Processes' and select 'Use different settings for high-risk and low-risk processes'.
4. Click 'Low-Risk Processes' and select the 'Processes' tab. Add Tivoli Storage Manager backup-archive client executables: dsmagent.exe and dsmc.exe
5. Select the 'Detection' tab. Clear 'When writing to disk' in the 'Scan Files' box.
More support for:
Tivoli Storage Manager HSM for Windows
Software version: 6.1, 6.3, 6.4, 7.1, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, 7.1.3
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1434102
Modified date: 11 June 2010