Attempts to run Scan Jobs in IBM Security Appscan Enterprise or IBM Rational Policy Tester result in jobs stuck in a "Waiting to run" state.
None of the agents are picking up the queued job in the SQL database.
Resolving the problem
To resolve this issue check the following:
- Verify the services are started on all Agent Servers (named also Scanner, Dynamic Analysis Scanner, or DAS).
- Verify if the Agent Servers are installed, not locked, don't show as - / - in AppScan Enterprise Console > Administration > Agent Servers.
- Verify if there is a specific agent server set in the job properties > Agent Server > Designated Server.
- Verify the Service Account permission's on the instance are not set to "No Access", the Service Account should be an Administrator in AppScan Enterprise Console > Administration > Users and Groups.
- Verify the scanner license key is available for the scanners.
- Verify if there are no expired license keys in the License Server for AppScan Enterprise Scanner. If there expired license keys, remove them from the License Server.
- Rerun the Configuration Wizard on the scanners. This step may repair the issue if it was caused by SQL Server stop.
- If this is an upgrade or new installation, verify if the Scanners (Agent Servers) and the ASE Server (Console) are on the same version. Make sure that the Configuration Wizard is run on the Scanner machine after the installation/upgrade. Confirm the versions on respective server in the Windows Programs and Features dialog.
- Check technote Duplicate agent server entries in database, if this problem is caused by duplicated entries in the database.
- In extreme situations, uninstalling and installing the Scanner (Agent Server) may resolve the issue.
|Security||Rational Policy Tester||Installation|