General Availability (GA) of IBM ILOG Optimization products and Supply Chain Applications was 04 June 2010. This document contains a brief overview of IBM ILOG Optimization products and Supply Chain Applications and a link to the announcement letter.
IBM ILOG Optimization and IBM ILOG Supply Chain Applications deliver measurable return on investment (ROI) through customized or packaged, analytical decision-support solutions. This helps companies across all industries determine how to defer or avoid capital expenses, reduce operating expenses, and improve total revenue, revenue mix, and margins, by making the best use of limited resources while managing risk and ultimately driving both customer and employee satisfaction.
To reduce costs, free up working capital, and improve service levels, IBM ILOG Supply Chain Applications help companies build smarter supply chains by addressing the common challenges associated with global supply chain design and sourcing strategies, production planning and detailed scheduling, transportation planning, and the optimal flow and placement of inventory. IBM ILOG Optimization is more broadly applied to a multitude of challenges in nearly every industry. It helps organizations quickly determine how to most effectively allocate resources, automatically balancing trade-offs and business constraints, and helps them to achieve maximum operational efficiency and improved profitability.
IBM ILOG Supply Chain Applications include:
- IBM ILOG LogicNet Plus XE is for network design and production sourcing. It determines the optimal number, location, territories, and size of warehouses, plants, and lines. It also determines where products should be made and optimizes the carbon footprint.
- IBM ILOG Plant PowerOps is for production planning and detailed scheduling. It optimizes production plans and finite schedules for manufacturing plants in the batch process and hybrid industry.
- IBM ILOG Transportation Analyst is for transportation planning. It determines the optimal routing for fleet sizing, multi-stops, and deliveries and collections (backhauls).
- IBM ILOG Inventory and Product Flow Analyst (IPFA) is for inventory optimization and product flow optimization. It determines push/pull locations, buffer locations, postponement, and policy analysis. In the retail industry, it determines the best flow in a supply chain network, considering inventory and transportation requirements. It also maintains the correct inventory levels on an ongoing basis.
IBM ILOG Optimization
- IBM ILOG ODM Enterprise
- Provides an enterprise-class platform for building optimization-based custom planning and scheduling applications. Solutions built with ODM Enterprise offer out-of-the-box support for what-if analysis, scenario management and comparison, data analysis with drill-down and graphical display, and data exchange with Microsoft® Word, Excel, and other Office tools. ODM Enterprise also allows planners to collaborate and share scenarios through a central repository.
- Allows clients and system integrators to design, implement, and maintain forward-looking analytical decision support solutions that enable lines of business (LOB) to make informed decisions and create efficient resource plans and schedules. Additional benefits include the ability to leverage IBM WebSphere Application Server for scalable server-based mathematical computations, and IBM DB2® for large-scale scenario management and collaboration.
- Embeds and integrates the modules of CPLEX Optimization Studio that facilitates enterprise application development, in particular, the CPLEX Studio modeling environment (IDE), the OPL2 modeling language, and the CPLEX Optimizer and CP Optimizer engines.
- IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio
- Delivers a fully integrated development environment, combining multiple high-performance optimization engines for mathematical optimization (CPLEX Optimizer) and constraint programming (CP Optimizer), with productivity tools for model development with the OPL modeling language, application prototyping, and model deployment.
- Provides multiple interfaces and connectors to the CPLEX Optimizer and CP Optimizer engines for development and deployment, through a variety of programming languages, including Java™, C++ and .NET, and alternative third-party modeling interfaces.
- Designed to meet the needs of those prototyping and building analytical decision-support applications as part of mission-critical business analytics and optimization initiatives, and serves as the foundation of IBM ILOG ODM Enterprise.
These products are now available through Passport Advantage, offering a new, streamlined licensing and pricing model. Passport Advantage (PPA) is a simple, comprehensive loyalty program that provides software-license acquisition and renewable Software Subscription and Support (product updates and technical support) using a common set of processes and tools. For information about these programs, visit the IBM Passport Advantage Web site
For more details, see the US Announcement Letter for ILOG Optimization products and Supply Chain Applications. Information for other country announcement letters is located here.
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG CP||General||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1.2||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG CP Optimizer||General||AIX, Linux, Mac OS X, Solaris, Windows||12.2, 2.3||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG CPLEX Optimization Studio||General||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||12.2||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG Inventory and Product Flow Analyst||General||Windows||7.5||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG LogicNet||General||Windows||7.1, 7.0, 6.0||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG ODM Enterprise||General||AIX, Windows||3.4, 3.3, 3.1, 3.0||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG OPL-CPLEX Development Bundles||General||Platform Independent||6.3, 6.2, 6.1, 6.0||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG Plant PowerOps||General||Windows||3.3, 3.2, 3.1||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG Transport PowerOps||General||Linux, Windows||3.3, 3.2, 3.1, 3.0||All Editions|
|Business Integration||IBM ILOG Transportation Analyst||General||Windows||2.0, 2.5||All Editions|