Backup for multi-instance queue manager in IBM i
How do you backup a multi-instance queue manager configuration?
Resolving the problem
Backing up a multi-instance queue manager configuration involves saving the queue manager library and IFS. Saving the multi-instance queue manager IFS directory remotely from the /QNTC net share is not supported by the operating system, so, you will need to copy the queue manager directory to the local server, and then save the directory. Use the following commands to save the configuration for each queue manager:
1. Create a save file for every queue-manager library on your system, and Save your queue-manager libraries into the save files.
a. CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/queue-manager-library)
b. SAVLIB LIB(queue-manager-library) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(QGPL/queue-manager-library)
Where queue-manager-library is the name of the queue manager library.
2. Create queue manager directory
3. Copy queue manager directory from /QNTC remote directory to local server
Where QMGR_NAME is the name of the queue manager
4. Change the Allow save attribute to *YES for the queue manager directory, and all it's objects and sub-directories.
ATR(*ALWSAV) VALUE(*YES) SUBTREE(*ALL)
5. Create a save file for the WebSphere MQ IFS data directory
a. CRTSAVF FILE(QGPL/QMUSERDATA)
b. SAV DEV('/QSYS.LIB/QGPL.LIB/QMUSERDATA.FILE')
Reference the following technotes:
Saving NFS Mount Points and/or Remote Files
Save of IFS Object copied from QNTC, Fails.
QNTC Does Not Support All Attributes with CHGATR Command
WMQ MQSeries WebSphere MQ
More support for:
Software version: 7.0.1, 7.1, 8.0
Operating system(s): IBM i
Software edition: Advanced
Reference #: 1430276
Modified date: 02 July 2015