Download location for the IBM Tape device driver, and diagnostic utilities like itdt.
IBM Tape Driver download location changed in 2010, and the Tape utility is no longer included in the driver install with current versions
Driver Download Location Change
All new IBM tape device drivers will only be posted to the web through our fix central download portal and not through the public.dhe.ibm.com site.
The device driver FTP site has been sunset as of June 2010.
IBM maintains the latest levels of System Storage tape drive and library device drivers and documentation on the Internet.
Obtain them by accessing the following URL (http://www.ibm.com/support/fixcentral): IBM Fix Central **
This is a portal to enter the download area. There are a few pull down menus to get to the correct download as follows:
1. In the first pull down menu labeled "Product Group" select "System Storage".
2. In the next pull down menu that appears which is labeled "Product Family" select "Tape Systems".
3. With the next pull down menu, "Product Type", select "Tape Drivers and Software".
4. This will in turn bring up the "Product" menu. This menu allows selection of the "Tape Device Drivers" or "Tape Diagnostic Tool ITDT" ** See note below regarding ITDT
5. Select the correct operating system.
6. Click Continue
7. The next screen allows selection of the download packages. Select the download package needed.
NOTE: the link below the driver selections is for the .pdf driver guides, is it not the actual contents of the download selections
8. Click Continue
9. Select the download method, Download Directory or HTTP. Note Download Director requires Java support enabled. If not enabled, select HTTP.
10. Click Continue
11. The next page requires agreement to download Terms and Conditions, Click "I Agree"
12. Click on the needed download package to start the download.
** Note, the link below for the Installation and Users Guide also contains direct links to the drivers for each Operating System
Tape Drive Utility Change
Current versions of the IBM Tape driver have removed the diagnostic application (tapeutil, IBMTapeutil, ntutil). These are now installed through the separate IBM Tape Diagnostic Tool (ITDT). Install for ITDT is obtained through Fix Central as above for the driver, and Documentation on this utility is included in the IBM
Tape Device Drivers Installation and User's Guide that is available at the link below.
This takes affect at the following versions
AIX - Atape.driver version 22.214.171.124 and higher
Solaris - IBMTape driver 126.96.36.199
HPUX - tapeutil already a separate install, sunset and no longer updated at 188.8.131.52
Linux - IBMTapeutil already a separate install, sunset and no longer updated at 1.5.1
Windows - IBMTape driver 184.108.40.206 and higher
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Manager for System Backup and Recovery||Not Applicable||Linux, Linux Red Hat - iSeries, Linux Red Hat - pSeries, Linux Red Hat - xSeries, Linux Red Hat - zSeries, AIX, AIX5L||All Versions||All Editions, Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Manager for Storage Area Networks||Not Applicable||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS||6.2, 6.1, 5.5||All Editions, Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Manager Extended Edition||StgAgent||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Linux on Power systems, Linux zSeries, Linux/x86, Solaris, Windows, Windows 2003 server, Windows 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 64bit||All Versions||All Editions, Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Manager Express||Not Applicable||Windows||Version Independent||All Editions, Edition Independent|
|Storage Management||Tivoli Storage Management Collective Edition||Not Applicable||AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows||All Versions, Version Independent||All Editions, Edition Independent|