Is it possible to modify an existing Network Element (NE) other than removing and recreating the NE?
Yes, there are two options for doing this:
Use the network pilot::
- Disconnect NE that requires change.
- Create a new NE and duplicate its entries with the entries of the NE requiring modification.
- Make the necessary changes during the creation of the new NE.
- Delete the older NE from the Network Pilot list.
Note: This is not a permanent solution as this needs to be reconfigured
every time the TL1 TSM system restarts.
Via tl1.hosts file in the config folder.
- Modification of the file requires TL1 TSM to be restarted, and is recommended to be done when TL1 TSM is stopped.
- The file contains all entries for each network element and is loaded into Network Pilot when TL1 TSM is started.
Note: This is a permanent solution and will always load this
configuration when TL1 TSM restarts.