Is it possible to modify an existing Network Element (NE) other than removing and recreating the NE?
Yes, there are two options for doing this:
Use the network pilot::
- Disconnect NE that requires change.
- Create a new NE and duplicate its entries with the entries of the NE requiring modification.
- Make the necessary changes during the creation of the new NE.
- Delete the older NE from the Network Pilot list.
Note: This is not a permanent solution as this needs to be reconfigured
every time the TL1 TSM system restarts.
Via tl1.hosts file in the config folder.
- Modification of the file requires TL1 TSM to be restarted, and is recommended to be done when TL1 TSM is stopped.
- The file contains all entries for each network element and is loaded into Network Pilot when TL1 TSM is started.
Note: This is a permanent solution and will always load this
configuration when TL1 TSM restarts.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.