What server virtualization platforms does IBM Domino support?
IBM Domino supports the following server virtualization platforms:
- IBM PowerVM Hypervisor on AIX
- IBM PowerVM Hypervisor on IBM i
- IBM PR/SM on SLES
- IBM PR/SM on RHEL
- IBM z/VM 6.1 on SLES
- IBM z/VM 6.1 on RHEL
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 & 2012 R2
- VMware ESX and ESXi 4.0, 5.0 & 5.1 (including future Fix Packs) on Windows, SLES, and RHEL (NOTE: VMware ESX & ESXi 6.0 is being reviewed for support in 1Q 2016.)
- AIX with Workload Partitions (WPARs)
- KVM: KVM support is based on KVM/Kernel level. We support level 2.6.32 x86_64 as our baseline on either RHEL or SLES. We automatically support patch releases beyond this level as well (but not feature releases). For example, RHEL 6 x86_64 KVM is 2.6.32-71 and is supported. As noted, we support only 64 bit KVM RHEL and SLES releases.
All supported versions of Domino are included. The operating system that the virtualization sits on must be supported by that version of Domino.