Attempts to log in to IBM Rational Focal Point by users who have been defined in the license server option file result in a denied login.
The user/ host information has been specified in a different case in the license server option file.
Resolving the problem
Apply the steps in one of the following options to resolve the issue.
Option #1: Edit the option file and use all lower case.
- Edit options file and use only lower case alphabets for the users and hosts specified.
For example, "GROUP <name of the group> USER1 USER2" should look like "GROUP <name of the group> user1 user2"
- Save the option file
- Stop and Start the license server to reread the license file
- Log into IBM Rational Focal Point as that user and validate that the error is no longer encountered
Option 2: Configure the option file to ignore differences between the upper and lower case
- Add the following line in the options file
Note: The switch for this case insensitivity is set to OFF when this is not specified.
- Restart the FLEXlm service