Attempts to test the connection to agent computers yields security message "the Agent Controller is not available on host <host name>".
The full error message is as follows:
Connection failed on host <host name>.
IWAT0284E The Agent Controller is not available on host <host name>
Make sure that:
* for localhost, the Internal Agent Controller is supported on your local
* the Agent Controller is installed.
* the Agent Controller is configured to communicate with your machine.
* you have the correct host name and port number for the Agent
See the workspace Error Log or Agent Controller serviceconfig.log for any
Under details you see.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Click Window > Preferences.
- Expand Agent Contoller. Then click Hosts.
- Highlight the agent computer. Then click Test Connection.
Case A: The agent computer is the local host
You test the connection to the local host.
A Test runs error free.
Case B: The agent computer is a remote host
The remote hosts are running the Agent Controller service but the error is still occurring.
- The definition of the local host as Location is lacking.
- The local host does not have the Agent Controller software.
- The IBM Rational Agent Controller service is not running.
The 10002 port is closed.
Diagnosing the problem
Run the following command from the command-line to verify that the port is open.
telnet <host> <port>
Resolving the problem
- Define the local host as Location.
- Install the Agent Controller through the IBM Installation Manager.
- Start the IBM Rational Agent Controller.
Ask your network administrator to open port 10002.
Rate this page:
Copyright and trademark information
IBM, the IBM logo and ibm.com are trademarks of International Business Machines Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. Other product and service names might be trademarks of IBM or other companies. A current list of IBM trademarks is available on the Web at "Copyright and trademark information" at www.ibm.com/legal/copytrade.shtml.