Test connection in Rational Performance Tester result: IWAT0284E
Attempts to test the connection to agent computers yields security message "the Agent Controller is not available on host <host name>".
The full error message is as follows:
Connection failed on host <host name>.
IWAT0284E The Agent Controller is not available on host <host name>
Make sure that:
* for localhost, the Internal Agent Controller is supported on your local
* the Agent Controller is installed.
* the Agent Controller is configured to communicate with your machine.
* you have the correct host name and port number for the Agent
See the workspace Error Log or Agent Controller serviceconfig.log for any
Under details you see.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
- Click Window > Preferences.
- Expand Agent Contoller. Then click Hosts.
- Highlight the agent computer. Then click Test Connection.
Case A: The agent computer is the local host
You test the connection to the local host.
A Test runs error free.
Case B: The agent computer is a remote host
The remote hosts are running the Agent Controller service but the error is still occurring.
- The definition of the local host as Location is lacking.
- The local host does not have the Agent Controller software.
- The IBM Rational Agent Controller service is not running.
The 10002 port is closed.
Diagnosing the problem
Run the following command from the command-line to verify that the port is open.
telnet <host> <port>
Resolving the problem
- Define the local host as Location.
- Install the Agent Controller through the IBM Installation Manager.
- Start the IBM Rational Agent Controller.
Ask your network administrator to open port 10002.
More support for:
Rational Performance Tester
Software version: 7.0, 8.0, 8.1, 8.1.1, 8.2, 8.2.1, 8.3
Operating system(s): Windows
Reference #: 1424848
Modified date: 2012-12-28