How to change the ownership of the object to a new user ID
How do you change the ownership of objects to a new User ID in IBM Rational Synergy? What is the recommended procedure for handling objects owned by users that have left the organization?
Objects owned by users that have left the organization are no longer accessible and require the ownership to be change in order to allow further work to be completed.
The objects that have an owner attribute with the value set to the old user's id, the ownership of the source attribute in the file system is ccm_root.
Here is a procedure for transferring ownership:
- Start a Synergy Classic client session and set the role to ccm_admin.
ccm set role ccm_admin
- Query for all working objects for which the ownership has to be changed.
ccm query -o <owner_name> -s working
- Mark all objects returned above by creating a unique attribute on all objects (in this example, the attribute is called "unique_attr").
ccm attr -c unique_attr -t string -v "" @
- Change the owner attribute to the value ccm_root.
ccm attr -m owner -v ccm_root @
- View the files using the cat command to change the file permission's on the objects to ccm_root.
ccm cat @
- Bring up a session as the user who is going to become the owner of the objects.
- Query for all objects marked in Step 3.
ccm query "has_attr('unique_attr')"
- Modify the owner attribute of the objects to the new owner.
ccm attr -m owner -v <new_owner> @
- View the files using the cat command to change the file permission's on the objects to the new owner.
ccm cat @
- Delete the unique attribute on all objects.
ccm attr -d unique_attr @
Once done all the objects related to the old user ID in the working state are transferred to new user ID.
More support for:
Software version: 6.3, 6.4, 6.5a, 6.5, 6.6a, 7.0, 7.1a, 7.1, 188.8.131.52
Operating system(s): AIX, Linux, Solaris, Windows
Reference #: 1419794
Modified date: 2010-02-04