Collect troubleshooting data for data binding and data handler problems in WebSphere Process Server (WPS)
You are having a data binding or data handler problem in WebSphere Process Server. You would like to know what documentation you must collect (MustGather) so that the WebSphere Process Server Support team can diagnose your problem. If you gather this documentation before contacting support it will expedite the troubleshooting process, and save you time.
Resolving the problem
Set the following trace string, then reproduce the problem. For instructions please see the main WebSphere Process Server MustGather documentation.
Setting the trace string
The level all could be adjusted to fine, finer, finest in case all is causing too large log file.
Note: Enabling the trace might slow down your system. This delay can lead to transaction time-outs and errors.
Required diagnostic information
Gather the following information and files:
General diagnostic information
- Complete problem description
- Environment description
- Server logs: All files from
- Project interchange (PI) or enterprise archive (EAR) file from the relevant application
Instructions for collecting the diagnostic information
For instructions on collecting the general diagnostic information, see the "Manually collect troubleshooting information" section in MustGather: Read first for WebSphere Process Server Version 6.
What to do next
- Review the logs and traces at the time of the problem to try to determine the source of the problem.
- Use IBM Support Assistant to search for known problems in the information center, forums, and technotes.
- If you cannot find related problems or cannot solve the problem, send the information you have collected to IBM by following the instructions in Exchanging Information with IBM Technical Support.
For a listing of all technotes, downloads, and educational materials specific to WebSphere Process Server , search the WebSphere Process Server support page.
More support for:
WebSphere Process Server
Data Bindings and Data Handlers
Software version: 6.1, 6.1.2, 6.2, 7.0
Operating system(s): AIX, HP-UX, IBM i, Linux, Solaris, Windows, z/OS
Reference #: 1417509
Modified date: 30 June 2010
Translate this page: