I upgraded and now all Rational Change users have lost their queries and reports
This issue is seen because all users' saved queries and reports, as well as shared reports and queries are stored in the LDAP (Rational Directory Server) profile as database specific. For example: If the database path changes, the LDAP needs to be updated.
In order for the users to be able to see their personal queries and reports after changing the database path, the following perl script can be run. The script requires you set two environment variables.
Clear PERL5LIB on Windows as Perl can figure this out on its own.
$ setenv PATH CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl:$PATH
$ setenv PERL5LIB CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.6:CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.6
$ setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl:CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.6/aix-multi/CORE
$ setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl:CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.6/i686-linux-multi/CORE
$ setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl:CHANGE_APP_HOME/WEB-INF/perl/lib/perl5/5.8.6/sun4-solaris-multi/CORE
Change the values of hostname, port number, username, password and database path as explained below:
my $csapi = new ChangeSynergy::csapi();
$csapi->setUpConnection("http", "hostname", 8600);
my $aUser = $csapi->Login("user name", "password", "Admin", "database path");
$tmpData = $csapi->PreferenceNameSubstitutionForAllUsers($aUser, "old database path", "new database path");
- "hostname" is the hostname of the server where you would be running this script.
- 8600 is the port where Telelogic Change is installed.
- "user name" is the User with admin privilege
- "password" is the password of the user mentioned above
- "Admin" is the Role. This should be left as Admin.
- "database path" is the db path used for this installation. Where CMSynergy is installed on UNIX, this is the normal path, e.g. /data/ccmdb/tutorial. On Windows, each \ must be escaped with another \, for example:
- "new database path" is same as the db path mentioned above
- "old database path" is the old database path